Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Active Boy Makes Mom Happy, But Tired

We had a nice three day weekend, but now I need a day off to rest and recuperate!    But, alas. . .

Friday, Pat and I had a date night and went out to dinner with friends.  Not our favorite restaurant, but we had a nice time anyway.  Aidan spent the time with Grandma and Grandpa.  It was their maiden voyage on watching Aidan and from what I can tell, everyone survived and even came out smiling!  We neglected to call on Saturday to see how they were doing, but did finally check in yesterday.  All is well.  We may try that again in the near future, if they are game, of course!

Saturday, Aidan and Pat went fishing at Franklin Park in Purcellville.  Wow!!!  Did they bring home some fish!  Trout is so yummy so we had some on Sunday:  stuffed with lemon, onion and butter, a sprig of rosemary and a dash of lemon pepper, wrapped in foil and cooked on the grill.  Magnificent!!  We have enough for another trout night too!  The boys had a lot of fun and will likely go again this afternoon for a bit.



I don't know why that one is rotating, but it is a cute picture.

Later, I took Aidan to a birthday party for one of his new friends in his Kindergarten class.  Not a part of town I typically go to, so I was a bit uncomfortable, but Aidan had a blast!  There was a moon bounce and a pinata and the parents had tons of food for the adults and the children.  Very nice folks. 

On Sunday, I took Aidan to church where he complained mightily of being sooooo tired!!!  He said he was too tired to go to Sunday School. . . But, of course, he was okay for Pumpkinville.  So, I told him that if I took him to Pumpkinville, as planned, I expected that he would be going to Children's Chapel and Sunday School without complaint next week.  We'll see if that happens!   But, off to Pumpkinville we went. . .


Cheesy and expensive ($26.00 for us to just get in!!)  but a lot of fun.


The long slides were fun. . .

 So was pretending to be on the bus!



The rope swing rocked. . .



And so did the funny little car. . .
But the maze was a favorite. . .even though Mama kept getting worried because she couldn't see Aidan. . .

Where's Aidan?????

Aidan, where are you???

Seriously, Aidan, where are you????

Here I am, Mama!!  Little stinker. . .



And back to the big slide!!!!!  Woo Hoo!!!

Finish it up with a "free" pumpkin Aidan got to paint and then we met Daddy in the patch to pick our last pumpkin.  2 1/2 hours and almost $50. later, we finally ended our 2011 Pumpkinville visit. 


Monday Aidan and I scrubbed the basement.  The Rec Room was a wreck, the laundry room floor needed to be mopped and the bathroom needed a major scrubbing.  We spent a little over two hours working on it and then headed to the ice rink for some play time on the ice (Aidan is free because of his lessons, thank goodness!).  But, while we were in the laundry room, I happen to look over and saw Aidan standing near the wall chart where I have been measuring him.  I noticed that his head was way above the most recent marking.  So, I asked him to take his shoes off so I could measure him.  Sure enough!!!  He has grown!!  I last measured him on August 27th, two days before school started and he has grown 3/4 of an inch since then!  And it is 1 1/4 inch since his birthday on May 15th!!  No wonder his jeans are already looking like they are shorter. . .

In all, he's grown just over 14 inches since coming home in April 2008. . .wow. 

In other news, The Caps have won their first two games!!!  And both were against Southeastern Division rivals!!  We're off to a great season and we are excited about it!

No comments: