Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Faster Daddy!

Do you know what you were doing a year ago? Although I wasn't blogging yet, I keep a journal. So, I decided to look and see what was going on in my life a year ago. . .

August 24th: We had our appointments at the FBI for our background checks.
August 28th: Received word that our notarized and apostilled dossier was sent off to Russia for translation!!!
August 30th: Bought most of the drywall for the basement. . .UGH!!!

We were definitely in the wait mode on the adoption and really hadn't gotten too far on the basement, aside from the framing, plumbing and electrical. Wow! What a difference a year makes!

As indicated, we went down to Lake Gaston for the weekend. Aidan had a fantastic time! He loves the water so much. He was very good about wearing the life jacket for us the entire time while we were hanging out on the boat dock. He loved going out on the boat and Daddy took him out on the Jet Ski at which time Aidan could be heard yelling "Faster Daddy!". Then, Uncle Rob towed Aidan and Daddy on a large raft attached to the Jet Ski.

I thought the pictures had been downloaded, but I can't seem to find them. . .I'll post them next time. Sorry about that!

1 comment:

Joy said...

I can not wait to see the pictures. I was telling Gerard the other day about how you got the gear for him to go out with Pat scouting. He loved the idea. I guess in 12 years when they take them hunting we can sit home together.
Joy