Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Winds of Change

Change is in the air! It is that time of year when I start looking in my closet and think to myself "Well, I can't wear the sleeveless and sandals look anymore. . .guess I'll wear long pants and, um socks!" This morning it was 49 degrees when I got up. Brrr! Love it! Aidan was in long pants and long sleeves, too. According to the weather channel, we're going to stay in the mid 70's for highs for at least the next week and a half. The a/c is finally turned off, and probably for good! We made it. . .

Another sign that the summer season is changing to fall is the condition of Aidan's sandals. Nana bought these for him last May. He loved these sandals. . .wore them all summer, nearly everyday. And you can tell!

Another change is the TV programming. We're now into the fall season of television. We have Dishnet for two of our TV's and Verizion HD for one. Yes, it's too much! We now have what amounts to nearly 1000 different channels. And yet, we can never find anything we like to watch! There is just nothing interesting on. Anything that might look interesting comes on around 9:00 or later. . .we go to bed no later than 9:00! We tried to DVR it and wound up with hours and hours of programs on our DVR that we never got around to watching. So, we live with the football games, occasional Nascar or Outdoor channel programming and then there is Ghost Hunters. . .A couple of years ago, I discovered Ghost Hunters, which is on the Sci Fi channel. Can't explain how I found that since I don't typically like Sci Fi stuff. But, Ghost Hunters was interesting because they show a lot of historical places and they took a scientific approach to looking for other worldly things. And they tried to debunk it. They didn't just accept the fact of a ghost! So, when they came upon something, it seemed more legitimate. The Ghost Hunter season started a couple of weeks ago. So far, I am not impressed. They seemed to have caved and are now accepting anything as proof of a ghost! I am disappointed, but will likely continue to watch in the hopes that they will go back to how they were.

Speaking of ghostly things, a couple of weeks ago at church, Aidan was looking up at the dust motes that were rising in the stream of light toward the ceiling of our church. I looked up in time to see him looking up and then he waved and said "Bye, bye!" I immediately had a chill on the back of my neck! Our church building is over 100 years old and the congregation has been around since 1732! Creepy!

This weekend is my company picnic. It will be Saturday afternoon on the Shenandoah River. Aidan is ready!

And, I also have to share a picture here of Pat. This was taken when he was 3 or 4 years old and given to me by his dad. Isn't the resemblance to Aidan uncanny???

And a final note on the music for today. . .This is a funny song that kept coming up while we were in Russia. . .I mean it was all about all of the changes that happened after the collapse of 1989. . .but the funny part was that a group calling themselves The Scorpions was on tour in Krasnoyarsk while we were there! Funny. And now the winds of change are affecting the whole world again. Winds of Change. . .they never cease, do they?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE change!!! Must be all the moves we did when we were young! I love the picture of Aidan's sandals. Nothing says a good time summer than dirty, well worn sandals!!! Also, that picture of Pat and Aidan is uncanny! It really shows God has a plan for us. He planned for Aidan to be yours. And made that happen!
As for TV... thank goodness for movies. Really there is a ton of junk on out there. It is crazy. I have pretty much lost the tv to Kendall and Tyler, but I really don't care anymore. I am reading more or getting stuff done on the computer. Whatever happen to family night tv? There really isn't any. Most of the shows I won't let my kids watch. They are terrible and use terrible language and content! Enough of my rants! This is your blog:) LOVE YOU!

Lori said...

I am going to assume you were dedicating that song to the Jergers...:0)

Joy said...

I love the sandels. I am such a saver and those would be some thing that I would save. I have a small shoe box of stuff from each of my nieces and nephews.

My one sister tired to pass on my nephews first pair of Levis but I could not let that happen.

Another sister lost everything from her children during an extremely messy divorce.

I think I am going to have a hard time limiting what I save.

Joy

Joy said...

Sorry it is me again. Now that you have mentioned it I honestly can not believe the way he looks like both of you. This was one of the first things that Gerard had said when he saw his picture.
Joy

Kevin T. said...

Hi Stacy,
Wow - That thing about Aidan in church gave me an extreme chill! That is so cool-I love talking about haunted stuff! I cannot believe how much Aidan looks like Pat in that picture. That is so amazing. "Winds of Change" - I haven't heard that song in so long and really enjoyed listening to it - A group called the Scorpions in Kras? How funny!! Teresa