Sunday, September 21, 2008

Red Dye #40!!!

But first. . . and Of Course!!!
So today, Aidan and I went to church by ourselves. Pat stayed home to do some work on the house. We went to an earlier service because we had decided to go to lunch at Clyde's with Pat's mom and dad. Our treat for a change! : ) We got to church and Aidan immediately said, "Backpack, Mommy!" I realized, then, that I had forgotten the backpack. . .where all of the bribery goodies are stored! Yikes!!! However, I gotta tell you, Little Man was soooooo good! He was respectful and said "Amen" at all of the appropriate times and did not have any outbursts at all. I was soooo proud of him. What a good boy!

After church, we went to the grocery store where we bought several items, including some much desired yogurt for Aidan. When we got home, Aidan wanted a Nack, so he ate two yogurts. After changing, off we went to pick up mom and dad for lunch! While at lunch, was Aidan good???? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not only did he act up, he actually hit Pat in the face! Then, he fell asleep on the way home, and slept about 10 mintues. That was nap! No further nap was taken! Boy! As good as he was at church was as bad as he was after! I called my sister Amy while Aidan was "napping" and she suggested that there was perhaps an issue with Red Dye #40. Sure enough. The yogurt Aidan ate has Red Dye #40 in it. . .so now we track it to see if he is aggressive like that after eating things with Red Dye #40 in it. Sheesh! These kids should come with instruction manuals including what you should and should not put into their little bodies!!! : )

And, here is a picture of Aidan on his Early Rider Bike. A friend of ours gave him this early in the summer. He couldn't get on it because his feet were about three inches from the ground. Now, however, his feet touch the ground and he is fearless about going down hills! Helmet comes next. . .and I will post some film of this as soon as I figure out how to download it!
Finally, here is the pattern of Aidan's Halloween Costume. Isn't it cute???? And Aidan tried on the material and said, " RRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!"And, I actually got it cut out today, too! While watching football, of course, and even with evil boy in attendance!! : )

4 comments:

Joy said...

First of all thank you for being so sweet to me and yes I think we may have to move and start a daycare.

I LOVE the costume for you little man. I love homemade costumes the best. Honestly I have worried that I would not be able to find the time to make one for my own child. Once I even had to make a Betsy Ross outfit.

You are an inspiration.
Joy

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of Aidan on his bike! How great! The costume is adorable. I can't wait to see him in it. He is going to love it. Give our "Kitty Cat" a big hug and kiss! GRRRRRR!!!!

Kevin T. said...

Hi Stacy,
Wow - You are making that costume!? -That is amazing! I like to sew too, but real simple things like a simple valance - Nothing that has to actually fit someone.- That costume is going to be precious! The pictures are so cute!

Lori said...

He is going to make a perfect lion!!!!