Sunday, December 27, 2009

Ahhhhh. . .time to relax. . .and enjoy. . .

So, now we are truly into the Christmas season. . .Christmas having just started on December 25th, I am ready to relax and enjoy! I don't go back to work again until Wednesday the 30th and then for only a day and a half and then will be off again until January 4th! I'm so glad, too. . .

Everything got done for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It all turned out beautifully. I took lots of pictures, downloaded them yesterday, and now can't find them!! No pictures of me reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas". . .no pictures of the Stockings being hung by the Chimney with Care!. . .no pictures of the beautiful table for Christmas Eve dinner (which included Carolina Chowder, Maryland Crab Cakes, and some nice Corn Bread--all home made, of course!). . .no pictures of the mounds and mounds of presents lovingly wrapped and around the tree. . .No pictures of Aidan in his cute reindeer jammies opening all of the wonderful gifts everyone gave him, loving the 4 Wheeler Santa got him, and then shutting down because he had had enough. . .Nothing. . .Nada. . .Zilch. . .except. . .



That's it. . .the only one I have and that is only because I took it with my Blackberry! I'm sure I'll find where the pictures wound up on my computer, someday. And, when I do, I'll post them!

But, seriously, we had a really nice Christmas. Aidan has all of a sudden decided to not take a nap, which turned into a disaster on Christmas Eve--head spinning, snarling and foaming at the mouth, and me wondering if I should check his head for the 666. . .so no Church this year! We didn't want to subject all of those nice folks at Church to devil boy--not on Christmas Eve! But, he went to bed nicely and fell asleep and slept until 7:25! He was then really patient waiting upstairs (I had the cutest picture of him holding the dog bones while sitting on the stairs!) But, and note to self!, he was able to look over the railing on the bridge over the foyer and see into the Living Room where he spied the 4 wheeler! But, even though he saw it, he waited to go in there until after we had done our stockings! Good Boy. . .

Christmas Day, Pat's cousin and aunt drove down from Pennsylvania in the afternoon for dinner. At the time when they had started to say something about going home, I noticed it was 33 degrees outside and raining really hard. I couldn't send them out on the roads, going north, in that kind of weather! So, they stayed the night in the other guest room (Grandma and Grandpa had the first guest room reserved already) and on a blow up bed in the basement Rec Room. It made for a crazy night and next morning and thank goodness I had bought extras when I went grocery shopping last week! But, we all had fun playing and visiting and relaxing!

Yesterday, after everyone had gone on their way, we took ourselves off for some furniture shopping. We finally bought two really nice chairs for the Living Room, a beautiful desk for the office and an entertainment chest for our bedroom. The desk arrives in 3 weeks (better get that office painted and the new floor down!) and the chairs and chest arrive in 6 to 8 weeks. Here is what the chair looks like:



It's totally different than what I thought we'd buy, but we both like it and it is really pretty. . .another note to self--the day after Christmas is an excellent day to go furniture shopping!! The deals are awesome!!

Well, that's it from us. Now is the time to relax and begin pondering those New Year's resolutions. . .and making lists of things to do to get this house back into shape!! What a disaster!! : ) Oh, and making plans and arrangements for our next post-placement visit! It's only two months away, so I'd better start gathering some pictures from this past year. . .

Next time, I'll post a picture of Aidan outside on his new 4 Wheeler. . .the kid can move on that thing!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Oh that stinks that you could not find the pictures. I felt so unorganized because I really only have about 3 pictures. The pictures that Gerard takes usually gets the worst side of everyone in the picture.

By the way I love the chair!
Joy

Troy and Rachel said...

You'll have to search for those photos soon - I have done the same thing though - they just sort of disappear and then wha lah - you find them in some odd folder!

I'm glad you had a nice Christmas minus CHristmas Eve - the foaming at the mouth, snarling bit!! Naps really do make the difference!!