Thursday, December 3, 2009

God intended. . .

I have previously indicated that my son was born in my heart. . .it's true. The minute I saw his picture, I knew he was my son. God intended him for me and me for him. I don't believe in predestination, but this is one case that I think was pre-destined.

But, that destiny relies on so much more. . .Me to be sure I don't falter in my/our decision to adopt--I like quietness; the birth mother to be sure she doesn't do something other than deliver the child and then give him up to the state for adoption; the Russian government to be sure they say 'da' to Pat and I adopting this child; the U.S. governmnet to be sure they say 'yes, you may bring a child home from Russia.' So much relied on that destiny that you have to beleive it was also a miracle of God, making sure it all came together as he wanted it to.

A few weeks ago, we had friends over for a pre-Halloween parade party. It was all innocence and for the kids. It was a blast. At one point, though, a very dear friend of mine said something a bit derogatory about Aidan's birth mother. It cut me to the quick! I calmly indicated we don't say things like that, especially around Aidan. . .later, I took my friend aside and, again calmly, told her I think the world of Aidan's birthmother. Aidan was her tenth pregnancy and only the third live birth. In other words, she could have done anything, but CHOSE to give my son life. And so, I am not just grateful to her, I am indebted to her. She made me a mother. Thanks be to God!!

And now, a couple of pictures from our trip to the Mall last weekend. . .a trip that incuded a train ride but no visit with Santa--he was on a break!


No comments: