Tuesday, August 10, 2010

2010 Annual Chigger Experience

The 2010 Annual Chigger Experience is still with us but hopefully on the ebb.  I kept Aidan home yesterday and I really think the chigger rash looked better by last evening.  I had him wear jeans and socks all day and that helped keep the scratching to a minimum.  At bath time, we did a nice Oatmeal bath which soothed him even more.  More Benadryl and Calamine and he was off to bed. . .and woke up at about 2:30 and has been restless ever since, inspite of more Benadryl!!!  Mama is very tried. . .Not sure, but I think Daddy might keep him with him today while Mama goes to work.  I think the rash looks better, but Daddy was not too sure.

In other news, about those jeans. . .Remember that I bought a few new pairs for Aidan at the end of Spring in preparation for next fall????  At the time they were huge on him.  Well, not so much anymore.  In fact, I'm a little worried that they may become floods by Halloween!!!  They are just shy of flood territory right now. . .Daddy says he can wear floods. . .: )

And finally, the chigger experience has not affected my baby's intelligence!!  Over the weekend, while at the pool, Aidan held up the suncreen stick that we use on his face and spelled out K. . .I. . .D. . .S.  That's kids!  And off we go to the magical world of reading!!!! 

No comments: