Sunday, August 8, 2010

Whirlwind

That's been our life around here. . .But, summer is winding down and that's okay.

I signed Aidan up for his next swimming lessons.  They will be Monday and Wednesday evenings from 5:00 to 5:30 beginning September 8th and ending November 10th.  I have checked the Ice House but they don't have ice skating lessons posted for the Fall yet.  I'll sign him up for that as well once they do.

In the middle of the week, the phone rang late at night and Pat picked it up, knowing it was work.  Because it was dark and because he had just woke up, he hit the wrong button and missed his call out.  The next day, he went to Target to get an old fashioned phone (snicker).  You know the kind you plug into the wall and the person is there when you pick it up without having to push any buttons!!  I just had to laugh because I wasn't even too sure they still made these kinds of phones!! 

Friday, we took Aidan to the mall and had him fitted for some new sneakers. . .Light up Skechers that he saw on a commercial on Nickelodeon and said for the first, but not the last time, "Mama!!! I really really really want those!!"  So, because he has never said that before, I had to get them for him.  They "only" cost $55.00!!  (yikes!)  And, surprise!  Our son has a 12 to 12 1/2 size foot!!  No wonder we were having trouble getting the size 11 (that we JUST started buying him) on!!  : )  Poor kid. . .But, that also points back to my original thought on his size--he's going to be a big boy!!  Size 12 shoes on a 4 year old!! 

On Saturday, after a big breakfast of waffles, Daddy and Aidan went to one of the spots Daddy hunts to check out the Trail Cameras and then went on to Grandma and Grandpa's house.  I went to the mall to do some shopping for fall clothes for Aidan.  I restocked his long sleeved shirts, sweat pants, underpants, T-shirts and socks.  He still has some nice corderoy pants for dress up and several jeans that fit perfectly left from last year.  I also found some nice dress shoes at Stride Rite, but will wait on those until September.  I also bought him a pair of cheap sneakers (the Skechers will be for school) that he can tear up while riding his bike and playing outside--and I bought them in his new size 12, so they should fit better than the old ones!!  I feel good about what I bought, and everyone was having Back to School sales so I didn't spend a small fortune!!  His winter coat still fits, but he does need a nice dress coat and one nice outfit for special occasions.  Again, I'll look for those items next month.

After dinner, we walked into town to listen to the musicians on the Town Green.  Leesburg has this every Saturday evening.  It was a beautiful night and perfect for being outdoors.  It was the perfect relaxing end to a nice day. It was so nice, though, that we ended up staying outside too long and then going to bed too late!  And now Mama is tired. . .

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Ugh! Shoes. I can't keep Colby in them. He's already at a size 10 or 10 1/2 at age 3! They just grow too fast. We had to do school shopping too. Thankfully we were in New Hampshire recently with outlets and no sales tax! Yeah!
Melissa