Monday, August 9, 2010

King Size Beds

We have a King Size Bed and we love it.  I freely admit I am not a cuddler in bed.  I like my space.  I like my pillows a certain way and I like my blankets a certain way and I like my space.  Don't hate me for it! 

Aidan, on the other hand, is a cuddler.  And inevitably, he makes his way into our room and into our bed, in the middle of the night, once or twice a week.  No big deal.  I chomp down on my desire for space and cuddle my baby when he migrates to my side of the bed (it is always one of us he wraps himself around like an Aidan sized blanket!). 

As previously mentioned, Aidan went with his Daddy to one of Daddy's hunting sites to check out the Trail Cams there.  They had fun.  Sunday morning, though, Aidan said he had itchies.  When I helped him get changed, I saw this incredible rash all around his bum, privates, ankles and a little on his tummy and back.  It was concentrated in his groin and bum area though.  What in the world????  That definitely wasn't there when I put his PJ's on him the night before!

After some discussion and online research, it has been determined, but not definitively, that he has chiggers (the doctor will confirm that later today).  The poor child was miserable all day inspite of the Benadryl taken both orally and topically.  He went to bed like a champ last night and was out like a light super early.  But, into our room he came about 1:30, scratching and miserable again. 

By 2:00, I gave him more Benadryl and some Calamine lotion and tried to pat him back to sleep (I was on the edge of the bed on my side with him curled into me).  We had almost gotten back to sleep about 3:00 when the phone rang. . .work calling for Daddy.  I was able to get Aidan moved over a bit and then patted him back to sleep, where he is still sleeping now (7:30).  Suffice it to say, we're staying home today.  I'm exhausted and I know Daddy is, too (he went to work, of course).  I'm hoping Aidan sleeps a bit longer and then I'm able to keep him comfortable today.  Poor kiddo!!!

No more hunting camps until after a freeze. . .didn't the same thing happen last year????

No comments: