Saturday, March 1, 2008

Just a little venting. . .

And only a little so that it won't take over. . .

I'm just more than a little dissapointed in our church. . .we've been on this journey of adoption for a year and a half and now that we have a court date, travel plans and I know when I will return to work following our return home, I was hoping to plan our son's baptism. Unfortunately, for us that is, there are only two dates that really work with everyone's schedules. One of them the parish will be on retreat at our Diocesan retreat center and the other is a Bishop visit. I was actually told that it was decided to not have an infant baptisms on the Bishop visitation Sunday so as to not take away from the Confirmations. Truly. I was told that! I guess I always thought that, as Christians, we wanted to create more Christians, and this happens primarily through Baptism regardless of age! And, having taught Baptism classes in the past, at my church even!, I always thought that Baptism, of any age person, complimented Confirmation. I mean, Confirmation is the next step in the process of becoming a Christian, right? That's when you take those vows that were taken for you on for yourself.

Anyway. . . I will make arrangements elsewhere later this week and ut will all be well. It's about the fact of and not the where of baptism occurring.

Done!! No more mention of that!

1 comment:

Joy said...

I think it is normal to feel upset by this news. I would be hurt and upset too.
Joy