Friday, March 7, 2008

To Be or To Do

I am busy, busy, busy!!! I don't know about you, but that line always conjurs up the Magician from Frosty the Snowman. . .

I have checked off several of the big ticket items from the list of things "To Do" (Plane Tickets, hotel reservations, Visa's, cash needed, paperwork needed, medical report needed. . .). However, I have added several more items to the list! It's sort of making me crazy. . .(big breath) All will be well and all will get done.

So, now that I am able to breathe a little more, I've started reflecting on the difference between "To Do" and "To Be." "To Do" implies there is a list of items needing to be done and then checked off. A "To Be" list implies something completely different. For instance:
1. To be a good wife
2. To be a good mom
3. To be a good daughter/daughter-in-law/sister/sister-in-law
And most importantly,
4. To be open to God, His Word, His Love so I can
5. To be a spreader of His Love, joy, kindness, faithfulness
I'm thinking the "To Be" list is actually better and will leave me a lot more fulfilled!

So, while we are gone, we won't be hearing any news, not US news and probably not much else, either! While in Moscow, we'll be able to see CNN, which is broadcast in English, but in Krasnoyarsk, nothing is in English. So, we'll be depending on you all to let us know what is happening in Leesburg, Virginia, USA, and other US locales! Please email us or post comments on happenings so we won't feel so cut off from our breathren. Thanks!

No comments: