Tuesday, March 11, 2008

One Week To Go!

I'm feeling a little antsy now. . .Our time to go is coming so fast! There's a lot to do, but it is getting done, Thanks be to God!

Today, Pat will pick up our Chest x-ray films and the medical reports from our lab work. We hand carry that to our appointment at the American Medical Clinic. I have our tax records copied with our W-2's, our latest paystubs copied, and I think (although I need to look at the list of things needed again!) all I need to do is make copies of our passports. I'll do that when they come back with our visa's--hopefully today!

Last night, Pat and one of our neighbors, a Capital Police Officer, installed the new car seat into the new Mommy Mobile. I am now offically driving a Mommy Mobile! It's pretty cool. . .but the funny thing was watching two grown men try to wrangle that seat into place properly and to get it tightened down. It doesn't budge at all, so I am pretty sure they did it right. But, I'll have it checked anyway at the Fire Department, no offense to these two wonderful guys!

Tonight we're redoing Aidan's closet to add more shelves and to give him more access to his own clothes. Not that we will expect him to be able to do that right away, but when he is ready to dress himself, he will be able to reach his own things!

I have started a pile of things to take on the trip. I'm beginning to be a little alarmed at how much we have set aside to take. . .I may have to pair it down some! : ) I've never been very good at packing light. . .

I've been reading a lot of blogs lately and noticed that there seem to be a lot of American's travelling to Russia these days. That's a wonderful sign that things are really moving along nicely again. Yeah for everyone!

That's it for now. Please keep us in your prayers as we finalize things, and as we take off on our trip--especially pray that we don't get bumped in Krasnoyarsk to a different hotel. . .

Blessings to you all.
Stacy

No comments: